Tuesday, September 21, 2010

School! School! Let's go to school!



I finally had my first class today (19th Century European History), and it went pretty well, except I made a complete fool of myself. We were discussing the revolutions that took place in France and Germany, and I was trying to remember the time when Prussia took over Alsace-Lorraine in the Franco-Prussian war, but instead of asking if it was Prussia, I said Austria instead. Now it's one thing to have a class full of European youths listening to my mistakes, but when there are five 60 to 80 year old Irish men who know their history better than anyone, you can't help but realize that you sound like an empty headed American.

I'm not so sore about it anymore, though. The professor jumped in and told everyone that it was ok to make mistakes, and that people shouldn't be afraid to speak their minds. He still didn't know what I was talking about, though, because I kept thinking it was Austria, and when I got home I looked up the correct answer. It's been two years since I took Modern Era/European history, but I know with a little bit of time and some research, I should have it down pat.

I saw the English market for the first time today, and it was just as I thought it would be. Stalls everywhere stuffed with fresh fruits, veggies, and all sorts of different meats down different paths. There's also candies, pies, cakes, and lots of other sweets that looked delicious. I didn't bring a grocery bag, and I had to withdraw some euro, so I decided to buy stuff there another time.

Not much else going on. I got lost the other day on my way to school, but I made it somehow. I ended up being late to my theatre meeting, but it went alright. Now I need to go to the store and pick up some honey for my tea before it closes. Adios Amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment