Monday, September 6, 2010

Orientation! Woohoo!

Starting on the second day of my new home, I will be attending orientation before the start of the school year. I had no idea that school would start the following week, which is wonderful because I'll have the whole weekend to explore!

For those of you who want to check out my "exciting" day, here is my schedule:

I'll probably be very eager to skip out on all the lectures and venture out into the wide open green, but I think it is very important for me to understand the whole education system over there and just get to know people from all over the world. So I will sit, behave and try and listen in as best as I can. Which equates to my doodling in a notebook, and looking up every so often, while allowing the words to wiggle their way into my head.

I'm very nervous/excited! Only one more week before heading off to autumn pastures. Today I went shopping with a very good friend of mine, and I bought myself a cute new scarf, necklace and bracelet. I shouldn't be splurging, but at the same time, I don't have much jewelery, and I wanted to look nice when I went over there.

The rest of this week will be spent watching American television, and films while playing Pokemon on my Gameboy, and vintage shopping at the end of the week. Then for the weekend, my family will be visiting from Topeka (Huzzah!) to send me off, and on Sunday it's the Ren fest! I'm so thankful for having such good family and friends. They're so good to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment