Thursday, September 9, 2010

Frustrated

I don't know how this is going to work out, but by the looks of it, I don't have a bus route. In the email I received for housing accommodation, it did state that the apartment I chose was a 25 minute walk from campus. However, on the website for Copley House it states that it is only 12 minutes away, and it even shows a map that would make it appear as such.

Well, I checked google maps, and it says it's about 23 minutes away. The thing is, I don't want to have to walk that far when it reaches 30 degrees on a snowy morning. Plus, if I have classes on the same day with several hours apart, then that just makes it even more frustrating. I could sit at the library and do homework or whatever, but if there's 4-5 hours in between....then there's no point.

When I did check the bus routes, the only ones that did stop near UCC were 23-28 minute walks away, so there's no reason for me to walk that far to the bus when I could just walk to school.

Also, today I was sent an email regarding the timetables/class periods for the school year, and it was very confusing. I just plan on working it out once I get there, since I'll have help picking my courses. From the looks of it though, classes only meet once a week for thirty minutes at a time! The exception would be the film class I want to take, as it's an hour and thirty minutes long but I guess that's so they can show movies or whatever else it is. And see how that would make this bus route thing even more frustrating? Thirty minute classes, making the time in between other classes more likely to be longer...ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment