Sunday, November 28, 2010

5 more days until Paris!

Attention: M&Ms do not taste the same. Anyways...

I just booked my Bed and Breakfast. It's in the Place D'italie district, on the right hand side of the city. The bedroom walls are covered in books, and the downstairs is simply gorgeous. Not sure if the link will work, but here's some pictures:

Leaving on Friday morning, and returning around noon Sunday. Which reminds me, I need to start on laundry tomorrow, and charge up my camera before hand. I plan on bringing my charger, because I want to take as many pictures as possible.

It's been a bit hectic over here in terms of traveling arrangements and rehearsals. My instructor decided to inform everyone that we had to come in all day Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I've already spent 330 dollars on plane tickets, which can't be refunded. So I'm just going to go on the trip anyways. My part in the play is not very big, and it's not my fault no one said anything until now. Besides, it's my only chance to go to Paris, and I've waited forever to go. So I'm not going to miss it.

Thanksgiving dinner was perfect. The Iona Student Chapel hosted the gathering, and I was able to enjoy honey ham, turkey, roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots, candied yams, and stuffing. All of it was very good. Afterward, a friend and I hit up Johnny Rocket's for some ice cream. I kid you not, if you come to Ireland and love orange soda, do not miss out on getting a Fanta orange float! It's the best thing I've ever had. Think of orange dreamcicles exploding in your mouth. It's that amazing.

These m&ms are disappointing. Believe me when I say I'm a pretty open person when it comes to trying out food (I've already tried a lot stuff- stuffing, mashed potato and turkey bowl, sausage rolls, Shepard's pie, etc ), but I miss my chocolate. It seriously does not taste the same over here. The only thing that came close to the American version was a Crunch Bar, and that didn't even suffice. Only three more weeks and I'll be snacking on kitkats and candy canes...


No comments:

Post a Comment