Sunday, November 14, 2010

Only three weeks till Paris!!

Bonjour mes amis!

Actually, it's only two weeks and six days away. I'm super pumped, as I have been wanting to visit France for a good two or three years now. Anyway, I was looking up places to visit, and I found a video about really cool toy and crafts store that's just for adults. Here's a link:

Here's the website if you don't want to watch the video or have an interest:

I really want one of the wind up toys, but I'm not sure how much it's going to cost. Some of the boxes are 100 euro! I also really like some of her bags as well.

I haven't really done a whole lot of looking up information on Paris, since my friend's friend is going to be our tour guide the whole time we're there. Aside from the usual attractions (The Louvre, Champs Elysees, and the Eiffel Tower), I hope to see at least one French castle, and tackle a really fancy chocolate shop. Maybe even grab some real champaign, and gorge on all that delicious food. I haven't figured out where I'm staying yet, but it will either be a Bed and Breakfast, or a hostel. Hotels are very expensive (I think it would be about 200 euro for two nights stay), so that's probably out of the question.

Irish food facts of the day!:
1. Mounds candy bars are called "Bounty" in Ireland.
2. Ritz crackers are known as "Tuc."
3. There are no saltine crackers.
4. Lots of stores have deals on large tins of candy everyday.
5. Regular sized soda cans are not sold in packs. Only the small ones are!
6. Capri Sun exists.
7. Anything gummy (gummy bears, gummy worms, etc) is called "gums."
8. Whoopers are called "Maltesers."
9. Lifesavers are known as "Polo."
10. In Ireland, they make Rolo pudding, and Rolo doughnuts!
11. Nestle Crunch = Aero
12. Frosted Flakes are simply named "Frosted."
13. Lays chips have been renamed "Walkers."
14. BBQ sauce in the pubs is called "Brown Sauce."
15. I can't think of anything else. Haha. :P








No comments:

Post a Comment