Thursday, August 26, 2010

Officially enroled! (I spelled that correctly).

At least that's how it is written in Cork. I finally received my student ID and was able to fill out the online enrolment, which I was very glad to do. To finish signing up for my modules (courses), I'll have to do that while I'm at UCC for orientation.

I'm slowly prepping for my departure. I've ordered new clothes, a backpack, new boots (arrived yesterday!), and all of my make-up needs. I still need to purchase a converter for my laptop, and I won't be getting a phone until I arrive there, since the rates are cheaper that way. I may or may not have texting, depending on what phone plan I can buy. Cross your fingers, because I've become rather attached...

My knowledge of how to cook has grown over the past week and a half. I can successfully make spaghetti, bake corn bread, fry up some hamburgers, broil a chicken and simmer on the veggies. This weekend I plan on unfolding the art of pancakes, and possibly crepes, but only if I can find various recipes for all purpose flour, so that it won't go to waste! Random fact: I want orange juice now. Oh, and I seriously need to practice baking casseroles, because they are indeed money saving lifesavers of yummy goodness. The Everlasting Gobstopper for poor college students such as myself. Well, for three days worth of food that is.

The other day I was trying to find the schedule for my bus route, but the website shows nothing but a large, rectangular blank spot where it should be. It's some what frustrating, because I have to know the very next day when I'll need to be on campus for enrollment. I also emailed my landlord a week ago, and still no response about where I'll need to go in order to finish payment and gain the keys to my apartment. I'll probably contact her sometime next week. Probably.




No comments:

Post a Comment